Original Release: March 18, 2009 (US)
Directed by: Robert Hall
Written by: Robert Hall
Produced by: Robert Hall, Bobbi Sue Luther, Chang Tseng
Running Time: 90 minutes
A terrifying story of a young girl who wakes up in a casket with a traumatic head injury and no memory of her identity. She quickly realizes she was abducted by a Deranged Serial Murderer and in an isolated rural town she must survive the night and outsmart the technologically inclined killer who is hellbent on finishing what he started.
Bobbi Sue Luther (The Girl), Kevin Gage (Tuckerean Whalen (Steven), Richard Lynch (Mr. Jones), Johnathon Schaech (Johnny), Thomas Dekker (Tommy), Nick Principe (Chromeskull), Jana Kramer (Jamie), Lucas Till (Young Store Clerk), Anthony Fitzgerald (Anthony)
- Annapolis, Maryland, USA
- Robert Hall was going to direct Lena Headey in the unfinished movie Old Scratch (2011) as well.
- Lena Headey was going to star in the unfinished movie Old Scratch (2011) together with Thomas Dekker as well.
- Lena Headey starred in the online trailer In Satan's Closet (2010) together with Thomas Dekker as well.
- Lena Headey starred in the TV Series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008-2009) together with Thomas Dekker as well.
- Lena Headey starred in the TV Series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008-2009) together with Anthony Fitzgerald as well.
- Lena Headey starred in the online trailer In Satan's Closet (2010) together with Anthony Fitzgerald as well.
- Lena Headey starred in the online trailer Deadly Dress 4: Never A Bride (2009) together with Bobbi Sue Luther as well.
- Lena Headey starred in the TV Series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008-2009) together with Bobbi Sue Luther as well.
- A majority of principal photography occurred in southern Maryland, notably the state-owned, abandoned Crownsville Hospital Center near Annapolis. The crew spent 24 days shooting in April and May 2008. While the above-the-line production team was based out of Los Angeles, a few department heads were locals to DC-Maryland-Virginia, as well as most of the crew. Lead actress/producer Bobi Sue Luther is a native of the area, and was able to use personal connections to secure key locations. The production employed creative methods to save money; for instance, Chromeskull's on-camera vehicle was director Robert Hall's daytime rental car, and the VW Jetta that Princess rides off in at the finish was owned by the production designer.
"I think Rob's a really smart filmmaker. He's just beginning, and I think he's super capable. And I love with Bobbi's character, with the amnesia and kind of really not knowing what's going on, that she was never like a dizzy fool. I enjoyed that, and also they're my mates — number one — I'm up for doing anything creative with friends. It's always really good fun and satisfying."
- Lena Headey, on director Robert Hall and that he doesn't write the typical horror girl parts
"Well, yeah. Rob and her and Thomas Dekker and everybody else associated with this thing all met on the pilot of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008-2009) and quickly became friends. They had watched Lightning Bug (2004) when they were in New Mexico doing the pilot. Thomas Dekker and Lena both said, 'We love this movie! Any movie you do, let us know, we'd love to be in it.' So right about that time, Rob was thinking about doing Laid to Rest and said, 'Oh yeah? Because I'm going to call you!'"
- Bobbi Sue Luther
"So when the time came, they both said 'Sure, of course.' In addition to them being friends, it was also partially because of the writer's strike. That opened a giant window of opportunity for us. A lot of crews and cast were out of work. They were in a forced hiatus and we took advantage of that. We escalated how fast we put this film into production because of the writer's strike. We're very good friends with Lena. I'm doing another project (Kill Drug (2010)) with her shortly where she's going to be directing and I'm producing it. And Thomas Dekker is similar. We've become very close with those 2, as well as Anthony Fitzgerald who plays Anthony."
- Robert Hall, director
"Well, y'know, it's no secret that I make the Terminators for the show. That's my job, my day job. Lena and Thomas Dekker, from the time I first met them... They saw Lightning Bug (2004), my first movie. They're like, 'I wanna see your movie.' Showed 'em and they both really loved it. You know, we're all filmmakers; Lena's a filmmaker, Thomas Dekker is a director, and we're all sort of helping each other. They really like my work for whatever reason, I like their stuff, and we all support each other. They really loved my first movie and they're like, 'We're going to be in your next movie.' And so when it came time and I wrote this thing as a vehicle for Bobbi, I said, 'Alright, you're really serious about this? You wanna be in it?' They read the script, they loved it, they came out and they were in it."
- Robert Hall, director
Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films - Saturn Award for Best DVD Release
Fright Meter Award as Best Supporting Actor - Kevin Gage
Fright Meter Award for Best Makeup